Welcome to the UBC Dietetics Major
The Dietetics Major is a professional program designed to meet national accreditation standards for the dietetics
profession. Dietitians aim to improve and promote health through food and nutrition through a variety of different roles, including those in nutrition care, management, and population and public health.
To create a community of learners engaged in the development of critical knowledge, skills and attitudes for dietetic practice.
The UBC Dietetics Major uses an integrated, province-wide approach to prepare students for safe, effective and ethical entry-level dietetic practice.
- Meet Accreditation Standards for Dietetic Education Programs in Canada.
- Achieve excellence in learner-centred teaching and learning.
- Ensure program alignment with vision, mission and values of UBC and the Faculty of Land and Food Systems.
- Contribute dietetic education and program perspectives in professional initiatives.
- Work in partnership with key stakeholders.
- Ensure effective program operations.
- Ensure effective program communications.
- Undertake evaluation activities and program improvement initiatives.
Dietetics Major at a Glance
This summary document provides a brief overview of the profession and program.