The Program standardly admits incoming students to year 3, regardless of their past coursework. We do not permit students who are ahead on course work to advance to year 4 status unless there are potential or confirmed early internship vacancies.
IMPORTANT: Approval for early promotion to year 4 status does not guarantee an internship position, as these are subject to availability.
- Complete all required courses within one year without scheduling conflicts.
- Complete Year 4 additional program requirements.
- Accept any early internship position offered.
Typically, we are unable to accommodate all students who meet AP application requirements (it is unusual for us to approve more than 2-3 students per year). When we assess AP applicants, we give priority to those who are furthest ahead on coursework at the time of program entry.
- Late May: Program invites qualified incoming year 3 students to apply for AP eligibility.
- Early June (date announced annually): Deadline for AP applications
- Mid June: AP applicants are informed re the status of their AP application (approved or not approved for AP eligibility and early promotion to year 4)
- Early February: Target date to inform AP eligible year 4 students of internship position availability (students informed by this date are able to participate in site matching procedures along with other year 4 students)
- March-August: Inform AP eligible year 4 students of additional arising internship vacancies (students informed in this date range are required to accept a position at the site where the vacancy has arisen).