Students admitted to the UBC Dietetics Major must fulfill a minimum of 12 credits of restricted electives. Restricted electives are to be chosen from the list of approved electives below, or by consultation with a Program Advisor. To be approved, electives must include course content that does not overlap substantively with content of required prerequisite or program courses.
For approval of electives not on the list below, a call for request forms will be sent out twice a year only, in early September and early January. Please complete and submit the following Request for Electives Approval Form by the stated deadline.
The UBC course schedule shows which term the courses are offered.
Adult and Higher Education
- ADHE 327 (3) TEACHING ADULTS
- ADHE 329 (3) DEVELOPING SHORT COURSES, WORKSHOPS, & SEMINARS
- ADHE 412 (3) AN OVERVIEW OF ADULT EDUCATION
- APBI 322 (3) HORTICULTURAL TECHNIQUES – This course is not being offered in the 2018-2019 winter session.
Cellular, Anatomical and Physiological Sciences
Food, Nutrition and Health
- FNH 342 (3) CRITICAL PERSPECTIVES ON CONSUMER FOOD PRACTICES
- FNH 355 (3) INTERNATIONAL NUTRITION
- FNH 402 (3) FUNCTIONAL FOODS AND NEUTRACEUTICALS
- FNH 455 (3) APPLIED INTERNATIONAL NUTRITION
- FNH 472 (3) MATERNAL AND FETAL NUTRITION
- FNH 474 (3) SPORT NUTRITION
- FNH 477 (3) NUTRITION AND DISEASE PREVENTION
Food and Resource Economics
Land and Food Systems
- LFS 400 (3) AUDIO STORYTELLING
- LFS 450 (3) LAND, FOOD, AND COMMUNITY III: FOOD SYSTEM SUSTAINABILITY
Pharmacology and Therapeutics
- SOWK 451 (3) HEALTH CARE TEAM DEVELOPMENT – This course is not being offered in the 2018-2018 winter session.
- SOWK 452 (6) HIV/AIDS PREVENTION & CARE
School of Population and Public Health
- SPPH 300 (3) WORKING IN INTERNATIONAL HEALTH – This course is not being offered in the 2018-2019 winter session.
- SPPH 301 (3) UNDERSTANDING THE SOCIOCULTURAL DETERMINANTS OF THE HEALTH OF POPULATIONS
- SPPH 381 (3) SPECIAL TOPICS IN POPULATION AND PUBLIC HEALTH
- SPPH 406 (3) AGING FROM AN INTERDISCIPLINARY PERSPECTIVE – This course is not being offered in the 2018-2019 winter session.
- SPPH 408 (6) TOPICS IN ABORIGINAL HEALTH: COMMUNITY-BASED LEARNING EXPERIENCE – This course is not being offered in the 2018-2019 winter session.
- SPPH 410 (3) IMPROVING PUBLIC HEALTH: AN INTERPROFESSIONAL APPROACH TO DESIGNING AND IMPLEMENTING EFFECTIVE INTERVENTIONS
- SPPH 411 (3) VIOLENCE ACROSS THE LIFESPAN – This course is not being offered in the 2018-2019 winter session.