This video demonstrates an example of an effective conversation between a preceptor and a practice education student, at the beginning of a placement. More specifically, this video highlights the collaborative nature of opening conversations, the value that they have in creating a safe learning environment, and the three key topics to address during the conversation.
For any technical issues accessing this video – see troubleshooting information at the bottom of this page.
Viewing Youtube Videos:
Some people have encountered difficulty viewing youtube videos with Internet Explorer 6 or 7. These are 'default'
browsers commonly used by health regions.
If you are having trouble viewing the videos posted in this website:
- Try opening this page using Google Chrome or Firefox as your web browser
- If you do not have Google Chrome or Firefox installed on your computer, you can download them for free by clicking on the title.
If you are having trouble hearing the videos:
- Make sure the volume is turned all the way up on the youtube video by holding your mouse over the volume icon at the bottom of the video screen and dragging the icon to the right.
- Ensure the volume is set to an appropriate level on your computer.
- If you are still having trouble hearing the videos, we recommend trying headphones.