Dietitians who make significant and ongoing contributions to the UBC Dietetics Major through preceptor, internship coordination or classroom teaching roles are eligible to apply for a UBC Clinical Instructor appointment with the Faculty of Land and Food Systems (LFS). These are non-paid Faculty appointments with UBC.
To be eligible for a Clinical Instructor appointment, you cannot already hold a paid teaching appointment at UBC. Applicants in preceptor/internship coordination roles must be registered with the College of Dietitians of British Columbia.
You must meet at least one of, or an equivalent combination of, the following criteria over the past 12 months with the expectation of a continued role:
1. Internship coordinator or co-coordinator at a British Columbia health authority-based dietetic internship site;
2. Preceptor: minimum of 3 weeks per year as primary or co-supervisor of a UBC internship module experience, including responsibility for student evaluation;
3. Classroom educator within campus courses and/or internship: minimum 6 hours per year
A call for applications occurs in the spring of each year. Subscribe to the Preceptor Interest Group Listserv to ensure you receive a notice when new applications are being accepted.
To apply for a new Clinical Instructor appointment OR to renew your current appointment:
1. Determine your eligibility (See "Am I eligible for an appointment?" above)
The 2017 application period is currently closed. The next opportunity to apply is spring 2018.
UBC faculty are subject to all UBC Policies. You are responsible for familiarizing yourself and complying with the content of these Policies.
- Ability to use the title, UBC Clinical Instructor.
- Obtain a UBC Card, UBC’s official identification document. Contact LFS Faculty Liaison Melanie Train, email@example.com, to request your UBC ID and CWL PIN, and then apply for a Campus Wide Login (CWL), which is needed to apply for a UBC Card. Your CWL and UBC card can then be used to access a variety of services including the UBC Library, Centre for Teaching, Learning and Technology programs, and UBC Faculty and Staff Perks.